Summer Intern (New York Office)
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to our collaborative nature and our mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of urban planning, architecture, spatial art, and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. Our office has recently completed a 500,000-square-foot educational project in Shenzhen and a 90,000-square-foot campus library. The office has been featured extensively in design media and has received many prestigious awards, including Architectural Record Design Vanguard 2015, multiple awards from the German Design Council, World Architecture Festival Small Project of the Year 2019, a Commendation from Blueprint Magazine 2018, the 2015 Bronze Award for Architecture from the Bureau of International Expositions (BIE), and a Special Mention from the Architizer A+ Awards 2021.
We are currently working on: a 950,000-square-foot educational project; a 5,300-square-foot commercial headquarters on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan; a 1.2 million-square-foot cultural center with a 1600-seat theater, an art gallery, a public library, and multiple institutional projects.
SLA internship program is designed to provide practical experience in the independent design firm and expand the knowledge for his or her future career. The ideal candidate shall have the following:
- Undergraduate or graduate architecture student. Prior intern experience preferred
- Passionate about the architecture design, creative, fast learner, and willing to learn and grow.
- Outstanding design capability, self-motivated, and can adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Rhino, Maya, Grasshopper, Vray, Adobe Creative Suite, and physical modeling
- Applicants must satisfy no less than 3 months of the internship program, 6 months or more preferred. During the internship period, the break period due to the school schedule or other reasons shall not be more than one week continuously, and an application for the leave shall be submitted prior.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Intern” in the subject line.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.