Project Manager: 5-10 Years’ Experience
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to the practice’s collaborative nature as well as the company’s mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of urban planning, architecture, spatial art, and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. The office has been published extensively, has received many awards, and was recently included in Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard 2015. We are currently working on: a campus archive library; a major 500,000-sf school project; a cultural building in Nanjing; a 1,200,000-sf cultural center in Shenzhen with: a 1600-seat theater, a gallery, and a library; as well as multiple institutional projects.
We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join our staff. Ideal candidates will have the following:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- 5-10 years of substantial work experience in leading architecture offices.
- Practical experience on cultural and educational projects.
- Applicants with experience at avant-garde design studios will receive favorable review.
- Experience working in Asia/China is a plus.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ideal candidates can manage the production of a high-quality Design Development set and lead a team with minimal oversight
- High skill level and experience in conceptual design and instigation of projects including high-quality design research, sketching, illustration and rendering abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and construction standards.
- Familiarity with building systems and the ability to coordinate with consultants from multiple disciplines.
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit, and the and the ability to oversee the production of complex drawing sets.
- Knowledge of software packages including Rhino, Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. Knowledge of BIM is a plus.
DESIGN SENSIBILITY, INTERPERSONAL, AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Exceptional design skills and contemporary design sensibilities.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Good communication ability, excellent critical thinking skills.
- Self-directed, with a high level of initiative, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max 10MB) to email@example.com with “Project Manager- 5 to 10 Years’ Experience” in the subject line.
Cover letters should be addressed to Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls, please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.