Design Architect: 3-5 Years Experience
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to the practice’s collaborative nature as well as the company’s mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. The office has been published extensively, has received many awards, and was recently included in Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard 2015. We are currently working on a campus archive library, a major 500,000 sf educational project, an extension and renovation of a high-end flagship store in Manhattan, and a number of design competitions.
We are looking for a motivated and talented designer with strong leadership qualities to join our studio.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- 3-5 years of substantial work experience in leading architecture offices.
- Applicants with experience at avant-garde design studios will receive favorable review.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Expertise in the preparation of design development and construction documents.
- Knowledge of 2D presentation software including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Extensive experience preparing design presentations.
- Knowledge of modeling and rendering programs including Rhino, Maya, 3DStudio Max, and CATIA.
- Expertise in scripting programs including: Python, Grasshopper, RhinoScript, and Processing.
- Knowledge of architectural detailing and familiarity with building systems.
DESIGN SENSIBILITY, INTERPERSONAL, AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Strong design skills and contemporary design sensibilities.
- Self-directed, with a strong work ethic and a high level of initiative.
- The ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication ability and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Please email cover letter, resume, and work samples in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Design Architect- 3 to 5 Years Experience” in the subject line. Submissions should be no larger than 10MB.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.