Junior Architect-Techinical Oriented: 1-3 Years’ Experience (Shanghai Office)
The candidate will be a team member and participate in all phases of the design work; assist design and technical tasks under the supervision of the Project Architect. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor or above professional degree in Architecture, with work or internship experiences in top international design firms.
- Strong passion for architecture design, creative and energetic. Willing to learn and grow professionally.
- Outstanding design and presentation skills, self-motivated, and can adopt to fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to discover, analyze, and solve problems, and can communicate and willing to cooperate with the other team members.
- Superior aesthetic sense and solid architecture knowledge, willing to be the residence.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Rhino, Vray, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work in bilingual (Chinese and English) professional environment is preferred.
Studio Link-Arc is an international design team of architects and designers based in New York, founded by architect Yichen Lu in 2012, with branches in Shanghai and Shenzhen. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to the practice’s collaborative nature as well as the company’s mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of urban planning, architecture, spatial art, and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Our body of work includes innovative projects at all scales and we have a portfolio of completed cultural and educational buildings worldwide. Major projects that have been completed or are currently underway include the China Pavilion for the 2015 EXPO Milano, China Resources Archive Library, Shenzhen Nanshan Foreign Language School Kehua School, Nanjing Art Center, Shenzhen Luhu Cultural Center, and Shenzhen Qianhai Guiwan School. The China Pavilion for the 2015 EXPO Milano, which is the first independently built Chinese national pavilion at an overseas expo, opened to the public in 2015 and has gained international acclaim.
Link-Arc’s works have received widespread recognition internationally, and have won multiple awards, including the “Global Design Vanguard” by Architectural Record magazine, the AIA NY Design Excellence Awards, the ARCASIA Architecture Award (Gold Medal), the World Architecture Festival (WAF) Best Building of the Year, the Interior Design Best of the Year Award from Interior Design magazine, the first prize in the New Architecture International Residential Design Competition in Japan, and the Gold Award for Architectural Creation from the Architectural Society of China. Link-Arc has also participated in international exhibitions such as the 2020 AIA Architecture Exhibition, the 2021 Venice Architecture Biennale, the 2022 Shenzhen-Hong Kong Bi-City Biennale of Urbanism\Architecture, the “Towards a Critical Pragmatism: Contemporary Chinese Architecture Exhibition” at Harvard University Graduate School of Design in 2016, and the “A Decade of Asian Architecture Retrospective Exhibition” at Yale University School of Architecture in 2018.
Link-Arc withholds international, interdisciplinary and with multi-cultural standard, and provide architects the opportunities to work on the best projects, and in a cultivating environment for growth and development. All applicants shall:
- Submit Chinese and English Cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDFs (Max 15 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position applied in the email. No compressed files or links will be accepted.
- Personal information, contact and the photo should be included in the resume.
- Portfolio should include schoolwork, and sketches, model, drawings, and any work show casing the personal artistic characteristics should also be included.
- Applicants shall have basic understand Link-Arc’s background and projects and provide appropriate materials for application.
- The company will contact the applicants for interviews with email or phone call within 3-4 weeks after receiving the applications. Please be patient.