Job Captain: 4-7 Years Experience
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to our collaborative nature and our mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of: urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. In addition, our office recently completed a 500,000 square-foot educational project in Shenzhen and a 90,000 square foot archive library located on a private university campus. The office has been published extensively and has received many awards from prestigious organizations including: Architectural Record, the German Design Council, the World Architecture Festival, Blueprint Magazine, and the Bureau International des Expositions.
We are currently working on: a private gallery, an extension and renovation of a high-end flagship store in Manhattan, a 1,800,000 square foot cultural center with an opera house, museum, and library, two educational projects, and a commercial complex.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Intermediate Architect to join our studio.
Ideal candidates will have:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- 4-7 years of professional experience in leading design offices through all phases of design and construction.
- Applicants with experience at avant-garde design studios will receive favorable review.
- Experience working in Asia/China is a plus.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit, and the ability to produce and manage complex drawing sets.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and construction standards.
- Familiarity with building systems and the ability to coordinate with consultants from multiple disciplines.
- The ability to produce DD/CD details and documents with minimal supervision.
- The ability to coordinate between Rhino models and AutoCAD documents.
- Knowledge of 2D presentation software including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of modeling/rendering programs including: Rhino, V-Ray, Maya, and 3DSMax.
DESIGN SENSIBILITY, INTERPERSONAL, AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Good communication and critical thinking skills.
- Self-directed, with a high level of initiative.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intermediate Architect: 4 to 7 Years Experience” in the subject line.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.