Job Captain: 5-10 Years Experience
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to the practice’s collaborative nature as well as the company’s mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. The office has been published extensively, has received many awards, and was recently included in Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard 2015. We are currently working on a campus archive library, a major 500,000 sf educational project, an extension and renovation of a high-end flagship store in Manhattan, and a number of design competitions.
We are looking for a talented Job Captain to join our staff. Ideal candidates will have the following:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- 5-10 years of substantial work experience in leading architecture offices.
- Practical experience on cultural and educational projects.
- Applicants with experience at avant-garde design studios will receive favorable review.
- Experience working in Asia/China is a plus.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit, and the and the ability to oversee the production of complex drawing sets.
- Knowledge of 2D presentation software including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of modeling/rendering programs including Rhino, Maya, Sketchup, GT (Gehry Technologies) or CATIA.
- High skill level and experience in conceptual design and instigation of projects including high quality design research, sketching, illustration and rendering abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and construction standards.
- Familiarity with building systems and the ability to coordinate with consultants from multiple disciplines.
DESIGN SENSIBILITY, INTERPERSONAL, AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Exceptional design skills and contemporary design sensibilities.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Good communication ability, excellent critical thinking skills.
- Self-directed, with a high level of initiative, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Captain- 5 to 10 Years Experience” in the subject line.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.