Junior Architect: 1-3 Years Experience (New York Office)
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to our collaborative nature and our mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of urban planning, architecture, spatial art, and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. Our office has recently completed a 500,000-square-foot educational project in Shenzhen and a 90,000-square-foot campus library. The office has been featured extensively in design media and has received many prestigious awards, including Architectural Record Design Vanguard 2015, multiple awards from the German Design Council, World Architecture Festival Small Project of the Year 2019, a Commendation from Blueprint Magazine 2018, the 2015 Bronze Award for Architecture from the Bureau of International Expositions (BIE), and a Special Mention from the Architizer A+ Awards 2021.
We are currently working on several projects, including a 1.2 million-square-foot cultural center with a 1600-seat theater, an art gallery, a public library, and multiple institutional projects.
The candidate will be the team member participating in all phases of the design work and assist in the design and technical tasks under the direction of the project architect. The ideal candidate shall have the following:
- Bachelor or above professional degree in Architecture with work or intern experience in top international design firms.
- Strong passion for architecture design, creative and energetic. Willing to learn and grow professionally.
- Outstanding design and presentation skills, self-motivated, and can adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Can discover, analyze, solve problems, and can communicate and cooperate with the other team members.
- Superior aesthetic sense and solid architecture knowledge, willing to be the residence/site architect as needed
- Expert in AutoCAD, Rhino, Maya, and Adobe
- Can work in bilingual (Chinese and English) professional environment preferred.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Architect: 1-3 Years Experience ” in the subject line.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.