Interior Designer (Full Time or Contract): 6-12 Years Experience
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to our collaborative nature and our mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of: urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. Our office has recently completed a 500,000 square-foot educational project in Shenzhen and a 90,000 square-foot campus library. The office has been featured extensively in design media and has received many prestigious awards including: Architectural Record Design Vanguard 2015, multiple awards from the German Design Council, World Architecture Festival Small Project of the Year 2019, a Commendation from Blueprint Magazine 2018, the 2015 Bronze Award for Architecture from the Bureau of International Expositions (BIE), and a Special Mention from the Architizer A+ Awards 2021.
We are currently working on several project including a 1.2 million square-foot cultural center with a 1600-seat theater, an art gallery, and a public library, and multiple institutional projects.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Interior Designer to join our studio. Ideal candidates will have the following:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited institution.
- Work experience in top international design firms, ideally for culture, museum, and theater projects.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- 6-12 years of professional experience in leading design offices with a focus on interior design.
- Experience working in Asia/China is a plus.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expertise in AutoCAD, and the ability to produce interior design drawing packages.
- Comprehensive understanding of interior finish materials and their applications
- Ability to produce design deliverables including interior design presentations, finish schedules, material boards, and FF&E schedules
- Strong knowledge of interior architectural detailing, and the ability to produce interior DD/CD details and documents with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work between Rhino and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of 2D presentation software including Adobe Creative Suite.
DESIGN SENSIBILITY, INTERPERSONAL, AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Reliable, focused, and detail oriented.
- Be able to mentor junior staffs and managing multiple projects at times.
- Self-directed, with a high level of initiative.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max 10MB) to email@example.com with “Interior Designer: 6-12 Years Experience” in the subject line.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.