Design Architect: 3-5 Years Experience
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to our collaborative nature and our mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of: urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. In addition, our office recently completed a 500,000 square-foot educational project in Shenzhen and a 90,000 square foot archive library located on a private university campus. The office has been published extensively and has received many awards from prestigious organizations including: Architectural Record, the German Design Council, the World Architecture Festival, Blueprint Magazine, and the Bureau International des Expositions. We are currently working on: two private gallery commissions, an extension and renovation of a high-end flagship store in Manhattan, an 1,800,000 square foot cultural center with an opera house, museum, and library, as well as multiple institutional projects.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Design Architect to join our studio.
Ideal candidates will have:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- 3-5 years of substantial work experience in leading architecture offices through all phases of design and documentation.
- Applicants with experience at avant-garde design studios will receive favorable review.
- Experience working in Asia/China is a plus.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGEa
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Expertise in the preparation of DD and CD documents.
- Knowledge of 2D presentation software including Adobe Creative Suite and extensive experience creating presentation materials.
- Knowledge of modeling and rendering programs including Rhino, 3DStudio Max, and V-Ray.
- Knowledge of digital design software including Grasshopper.
- The ability to produce high-quality physical models.
DESIGN SENSIBILITY, INTERPERSONAL, AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Strong design skills and contemporary design sensibilities.
- The ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication ability and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus
Please submit a cover letter, detailed resume, work samples, and references in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Design Architect- 3 to 5 Years Experience” in the subject line. Submissions should be no larger than 10MB.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hardcopy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.