Project Manager: 7-10 Years Experience
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to our collaborative nature and our mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of: urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. In addition, our office recently completed a 500,000 square-foot educational project in Shenzhen and a 90,000 square foot archive library located on a private university campus. The office has been published extensively and has received many awards from prestigious organizations including: Architectural Record, the German Design Council, the World Architecture Festival, Blueprint Magazine, and the Bureau International des Expositions.
We are currently working on: a private gallery, an extension and renovation of a high-end flagship store in Manhattan, a 1,800,000 square foot cultural center with an opera house, museum, and library, a 470,000 square foot school, and other institutional projects.
We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join our staff. Ideal candidates will have the following:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- 5-10 years of substantial work experience in leading architecture offices.
- Practical experience on cultural and educational projects.
- Applicants with experience at avant-garde design studios will receive favorable review.
- Experience working in Asia/China is a plus.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ideal candidates can manage the production of a high-quality Design Development set and lead a team with minimal oversight
- High skill level and experience in conceptual design and instigation of projects including high quality design research, sketching, illustration and rendering abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and construction standards.
- Familiarity with building systems and the ability to coordinate with consultants from multiple disciplines.
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit, and the and the ability to oversee the production of complex drawing sets.
- Knowledge of software packages including Rhino, Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. Knowledge of BIM is a plus.
DESIGN SENSIBILITY, INTERPERSONAL, AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Exceptional design skills and contemporary design sensibilities.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Good communication ability, excellent critical thinking skills.
- Self-directed, with a high level of initiative, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner.Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max 10MB) to email@example.com with “Project Manager- 5 to 10 Years Experience” in the subject line.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.