Project Manager: 7-10 Years Experience
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, LLC is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to the practice’s collaborative nature as well as the company’s mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. Our office has recently completed a 500,000 square-foot educational project in Shenzhen and a 90,000 square-foot campus library. The office has been featured extensively in design media and has received many prestigious awards including: Architectural Record Design Vanguard 2015, multiple awards from the German Design Council, World Architecture Festival Small Project of the Year 2019, a Commendation from Blueprint Magazine 2018, the 2015 Bronze Award for Architecture from the Bureau of International Expositions (BIE), and a Special Mention from the Architizer A+ Awards 2021.
We are currently working on: a 950,000 square foot educational project; a 5,300 square-foot commercial headquarters on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan; a 1.2 million square-foot cultural center with a 1600-seat theater, an art gallery, and a public library, and multiple institutional projects.
We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join our staff. Ideal candidates will have:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- 7-10 years of substantial work experience in leading architecture offices.
- Practical experience on cultural and educational projects.
- Applicants with experience at avant-garde design studios will receive favorable review.
- Experience working in Asia/China is a plus.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- The ability to manage the production of a high-quality Design Development set and lead a team with minimal oversight
- High skill level and experience in conceptual design and instigation of projects including high quality design research, sketching, illustration and rendering abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and construction standards.
- Familiarity with building systems and the ability to coordinate with consultants from multiple disciplines.
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit, and the and the ability to oversee the production of complex drawing sets.
- Knowledge of software packages including Rhino, Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. Knowledge of BIM is a plus.
DESIGN SENSIBILITY, INTERPERSONAL, AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Exceptional design skills and contemporary design sensibilities.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Good communication ability, excellent critical thinking skills.
- Self-directed, with a high level of initiative, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner.Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager- 7 to 10 Years Experience” in the subject line.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit www.link-arc.com for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.